2.1 Campus Student Association
- BPA - The local chapter of the Business Professionals of America is open to all students in the Business Education and Computer Science programs. Participation promotes leadership training in and out of the classroom as well as state and national competition and conferences in various areas of business and office training.
- DEX - The Delta Epsilon Chi is composed of students in the Marketing Education programs. This organization provides a professional, social, and service association for the students. Each year the members participate in state and national contests and conferences. DEX is an excellent educational supplement to students preparing for a career in marketing occupations.
- PTK - Phi Theta Kappa is an honor society in two-year colleges. The local chapter, Alpha Pi Phi, is comprised of students in either degree or diploma programs who have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and have completed 12 credits at Alexandria Technical & Community College. The focus of the international society centers on four hallmarks--scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship. Members are recognized for their academic achievements and may take part in activities on local, regional and international levels.
- SkillsUSA - This organization is organized exclusively for students in manufacturing, transportation, health, and Law Enforcement programs. Members participate in a variety of social, community service, and educational activities. The highlight of the SkillsUSA year is the Skills Olympics with local, state, and national competition.
- PROGRAM CLUBS – Some programs have student clubs or organizations that provide activities and development opportunities specific to their field of training. They range from formal clubs with membership and dues to informal organizations. Additional information on these clubs is available from the program areas and/or the current student members.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 02/09/09
Last Date Revised: 1/06/09