3.18 High School Articulation
Alexandria Technical & Community College will accept high school credits that are earned under an articulation agreement between a high school and other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System institutions provided that (1) the agreements meet Alexandria Technical & Community College's standards, (2) the articulated college course matches an Alexandria Technical & Community College course that counts toward the completion of a student's major, and (3) the student presents documentation to the Registrar's Office that identifies it as an articulated course prior to registration.
Certificates must be presented within the first five (5) days of the term in which the student wishes to utilize credit earned through an articulation agreement.
- Life Span of Articulated College Credit Certificate:
Valid for five (5) years from the semester they are awarded. If the specific program requirements change/vary before certificate is presented at the college, it is at the discretion of the college if credit is awarded.
- Articulated College Credits for courses that have been articulated between high schools and other MnSCU institutions (where we do not have an agreement):
- Instructors determine whether to accept credits.
- If awarding partial credit, student must still attend the class, complete assignments and tests; however, they will be only paying partial cost of the course.
- Accepting Articulated College Credit Agreements between out-of-state high schools:
In the event a student requests ATCC to honor an articulated credit certificate from another state, the student is required to provide documentation from the high school. Based on the documentation, the faculty will ascertain the appropriateness of any awarded credit.
- Project Lead the Way (PTLW) credits:
PLTW credits may come in as transcripted credits from the University of Minnesota.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 2/08/10
Last Date Revised: 12/11/09